When it comes to inspiration, I use Instagram as a great tool to keep track of upcoming trends and showcase the new looks I’m working on. Here are 5 of my favorites with some tips for how you can recreate their feeling in your space.
- Incorporating Natural Accents Whether you’re drawn nature for it’s soothing energy or beautiful aesthetic, there’s no doubt the unique qualities of organic accents bring a touch of magic to any space. With the very disconnected, hectic, and at times, artificial way of modern life, weaving natural elements throughout your space will help bring you back to your own center, calm and reassure you, as well as provide respite for the chaos of the outside world.
2. A Welcoming Entryway You never get a second chance to make a first impression and of course, nowhere is this more of an opportunity to make your guests (and yourself!) feel special than in your entryway. A designated entry has many practical benefits, and it also sets the tone for the overall feel of your home, creates a space in which to pause for a moment, before transitioning from the outdoors into a place of relaxation. Conversely, an entry also becomes the space in which to prepare for a journey into the outside world, smoothing hair or performing a last-minute key check.
It's #SlowMorningSaturday. Enjoy! // re via @raspberrydoors #jenniferadamsloves _________________________ #morning #happysaturday #saturdaymorning #peacefulmorning #bed #bedding #comfy #snuggledup #puppy #sleepingin #weekend #slowmorning #wellness #livewell #specialmoments #gratitude #lovecominghome #bedroomstyling #designinspo #bedroom #homeliving #homestyle #bedroomstyle #masterbedroom #interiorinspo #interiorsaddict #realstyle #homestyling
3. Coziness is Key There’s no better feeling at the end of a long day than coming home, throwing on your most comfortable jammies, a buttery soft robe and curling up with a cozy throw. But why limit this feeling just to the bedroom? Make spontaneous napping a possibility by using accent throws on chairs and couches. Include scented candles and thoughtfully placed stacks of interesting reading material and you have the makings of a perfect Sunday.
Sunday inspo // Hope everyone is taking some time to relax this Sunday and enjoying "home." #lovecominghome #RelaxationSunday #cozy . . . . . #interiors #styled2inspire #designinspiration #currentdesignsituation #pocketofmyhome #interiordecorating #stylishdecor #homegoods #homegoodshappy #interiors4all #Interior_and_living #interiorwarrior #interiors4inspo #modernhome #sundayvibes #weekendvibes
4. Decor That Adapts to the Seasons I’m a huge fan of neutrals and purchasing items with a longterm mindset, but I’m also a fan of trading accessories a couple times each year based on the season. There’s no better way to do this than switching up the pillows on your couch. As accent pieces, throw pillows are a great way to change your decor easily and inexpensively. As seasons change, throw pillows can create a new look in a room and reflect the changing season. And the awesome bonus is that once you have the forms, all you have to do to update a room and keep it fresh is swap out the covers and viola! a whole new look.
5. Let’s Not Forget Our Best Friends! Living with furry friends doesn’t mean you have to skimp on style. Pets are an important part of our lives, so incorporating their needs into your decor makes sense. Most pets have fur in a neutral shade so simply choosing furniture, blankets, pillows and throws in medium tones such as khaki or gray are the best options for masking their shedding. Lighter tones and darker shades are best reserved for pets with fur in those colors. Small scale patterns can also help camouflage fur and stains.