Romance doesn’t always start in the bedroom but it helps to be ready for anything. Life is busy, which can really dampen the romance in our lives. Celebrate the daily little things and let your sweetie know you’re thinking about them all day long.
Here are a few simple and fun ideas that will help set the stage for a romantic bedroom… and beyond!
- Get plenty of sleep the night before so you won’t mind staying up a little later on Valentine’s Day or on your anniversary!
- Add little heart stickers in everyday places your sweetie is sure to find, such as a favorite coffee cup, the milk container, car keys, shavers, toothbrushes, etc.
- Clean your room and hide the laundry… clutter just isn’t very sexy
- Fresh sheets smell nice and won’t have awkward wrinkles or bunched up blankets you have to maneuver around…
- Don’t forget extra fresh towels, too!
- Look for a mattress that is neither too firm or too soft…
- A luxuriously soft throw blanket is a sensational touch.
- A place other than your bed to sit or lay down is romantic, especially if it’s big enough for both of you!
- Red is ultra sexy but is too strong a color for bedroom walls. Adding touches of red in combination with white, off white or gray, such as a fun new comforter or art.
And don’t get too carried away with messy ideas like rose petals scattered across the bed… somebody is eventually going to have to clean those up!
Looking for more ways to bring the romance back into your life? Read this article for more romantic bedroom décor tips.